Working on your Doctorate in Mad Science? Consider making Girl Genius your dissertation topic.
So, the last time we saw Colette, she was busy kicking our heros out of Paris, lest they be Other-infected or something. Has something changed, other than her opinion? She doesn't seem to be quarantining them or anything. Bkharvey (talk) 04:29, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- She was asking them to leave so she could work without the center of Chaos present as a distraction. ('Find the center of Chaos and there you will find the Heterodyne.').Doug Relyea (talk) 04:45, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- "Something changed"? The Polar Ice Lords are invading Europa. --Geoduck42 (talk) 06:44, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
- Specifically, the start of Vol 2-5. Colette's specific wording is
This suggest she's either purged the Wasps from Paris, or implemented something similar to . Zibbiz (talk) 21:07, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
"The 'Other' has spread her Slaver Wasps far and wide throughout Paris. Too many of my poor people are at the mercy of her voice—unable to disobey her every command. Until I find a way to break her hold, all I can do is keep her, and her agents, away. Paris, for the time being, will no longer be open to all. All the gates are now sealed—and—I am afraid you will all have to leave."
- I wouldn't read too much into it - Boris is frequently drawn without a sigil, e.g. Zibbiz (talk) 22:31, 16 July 2021 (UTC) , , etc.
- Considering Kjarls expertise we now know Colette will be a queen - eventually.22.214.171.124 13:04, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
Default skin change
It seems the default skin for this wiki has changed to the FandomDesktop skin. I assume this happened in the last week or so, when pop up messages saying something like: "You are now experiencing the new FandomDesktop." started to appear. Since I was already using the FandomDesktop skin, I don't know if the setting for people who were still using the Oasis theme were overridden at that time. I have confirmed that non-logged-in users see the FandomDesktop skin now and that it is the default setting for new accounts. The Oasis theme is still available in preferences for now, but will be removed when the roll out of the FandomDesktop skin to all Fandom wikis is complete. The FandomDesktop skin discussion forum may be a more appropriate place for further discussion of this, if anyone feels inclined to do so. -- 🔧William Ansley (talk) 14:25, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
Reporting bugs, hold off for now
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed lots of bugs in the FandomDesktop skin version of the wiki. (Although there were plenty left in the Oasis version as well.) Just for everyone's information, I reported two bugs today and, in both cases, the response I got was, "We're aware of that bug and were working on it." In one case, I was told the problem might be fixed in a week and in the other they couldn't give me an ETA at all. So, my advice is wait a while (two weeks to a month perhaps) before bothering to report any bugs that aren't urgent, if you feel inclined to do so at all. -- 🔧William Ansley (talk) 22:12, 16 July 2021 (UTC)